Thursday, May 22, 2008

One Year Ago Today...

I had spinal fusion back surgery.  It's hard to believe it has been one whole year!  Yesterday I listened to a CD that was very special to me during that difficult time.  The song that really ministered to me is I'll Praise you in This Storm by Casting Crowns.  Listening to it brought back so many memories...

2007 043 - Copy

Memories like having to sit in a chair for an hour in pain with nausea and lightheadedness.  Yet the Lord was faithful, and brought me through it!

2007 032

Memories of being poked with IV's

2007 071

Memories of walking around the hospital ward, but the Lord was faithful...he gave me my mom:)

2007 074 

Memories of being constantly cared for so lovingly and sacrificially by my wonderful parents.  Isn't the Lord faithful?

2007 053 

Memories of good friends loving me and praying for me...

2007 051

and wonderful nurses!

2007 095

Memories of long days in my LaFuma chair, but made easier with visits from friends and lots and lots of cards and goodies. 

 

Yes, God was faithful on this day last year, and He has been faithful the past 364 days, too! 

I'll praise You in this storm 

And I will lift my hands

For You are who You are

No matter where I am

Every tear I've cried

You hold in your hand

You never left my side

And though my heart is torn

I will praise You in this storm

Casting Crowns

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie Pie -
Oh my!!!!!!!! The pictures just make me cringe in pain for you! You are so right - the Lord is so faithful and good in every situation. Your parents are amazing and love you dearly.
that song is one of Evann's favorites as well!

Anonymous said...

Dear Megan,
Oh, I shed tears as I read this. It is a special time for me as I remember giving birth to our fourth child the day before your surgery. I have never seen the pictures from your time in the hospital. I was so concerned for your life then, but oh YES, the Lord is faithful and good. He wrapped you in the loving care of family & friends and & good medical care. I am so glad you are still with us today. We love you so much and couldn't imagine our lives without knowing Megan Truitt.
Have a great summer dear friend and enjoy Europe.
love ann,
for the rest of the clary clan

Courtney said...

wow. you told me that you went through a lot, but i never realized that much! isn't it amazing how God pulls us through our struggles? but not only does He pull us through, He uses them as teaching tools! He's so cool! I'm so glad that you are doing wonderful now, and that in the end, the surgery was worth it.

Anna Joy said...

I love that song! I'm so glad everything went well for you.....couldn't do without my cousin-fith-removed or somethin' like that. :)

Evann said...

Sweetie Pie -
Thank you so much for posting Joshua Judson's pictures!!!! He is just darling and precious and sweet and edible and nushy and OOOOHHHHH!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Megan: What a difference a year makes. Those were rough days for you (and your parents). Thank you for giving the Lord the praise for bringing you through. And, I gained a new appreciation for a Christian contemporary band when I saw how the Casting Crowns song helped you. I love that song too--can you believe your ole dad would ever say such a thing?!
I love you! - Daddy

Feeny Family said...

Megan, I cannot believe that a year has already passed... what a comfort to know that God is faithful and knows our needs. I can't imagine the painful feelings you must have experienced during that time.

Love to all,
Sarah F.
(Hey, I had forgotten about that picture:-)