Sunday, August 02, 2009

Adios for a Few Days...


So, it doesn't look like I'm going to get any of those pictures up. *Slightly whimpers* The weekend got away from me and now I'm busy getting ready to head to the hospital tomorrow. I will go through the all day check in process, spend the night and hopefully have the surgery Tuesday morning. So, I really don't know when I'll be back here...I'm thinking maybe a couple of weeks. We shall see.

Before I go, I want to leave you with a few verses that I've written down on index cards for my hospital stay. I hope they are blessing to you too:


"For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison." 2 Corinthians 4:17


"...By His wounds you have been healed" 1 Peter 3:24b (side note here: even when the pain gets bad, no matter what, we know that our biggest wound (sin) has been healed by HIS wounds.)


"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong" 2 Corinthians 12 :9-10

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan, I'll be praying for you. In June, I had the fourth surgery I have had since I was 9 and I know it can be so difficult to go through things like this. I'll pray the doctors will be given wisdom far beyond their own ability.

Dad said...

Dearest Megan,
You know of my deep love for you and tender heart during this surgery. I am extremely grateful that in times like these you flee to the Word of your God for comfort, perspective and direction. God is good to give me a daughter like you.
Love always, Dad

Evann said...

Oh, Megan. I'll be praying!! I love those Bible verses - so amazing and encouraging.

Love you!!

Anonymous said...

*Slobbers* *Sniff-sniff*...sorry just bawling over the sweet words your wonderful daddy wrote to you....hold on, here come the water works again...........ok, I am fine, really *choke back a few more sobs*....I agree with your father - wonder! that you are running to our Father for all that you need.
We love you and have been and will continue to pray for you and the docs and your sweet momma. Hopefully, we will see you on Thursday? Or whenever you get home....we have a few goodies for you when you get home! Great - hear comes the "cry in my eye" again...gotta go.

beatrice said...

Hey Megan!! this is claire... i found your bloglink on facebook! cause you and i and everyone else at the scottish rite hospital know how much you love facebook! ;) hehe... that really was too funny!

so my blog is tohearwitheyes.blogspot.com

as you go hence and begin to peruse it, you shall see how silly i really am, and then where will we be!

Julie said...

Hi Megan! May the Lord grant you peace and rest, and help the days to pass quickly as you recover! I've loved reading about Mexico. I look forward to getting to know you better!
Love,
Julie Pate