We had a great piano recital Monday night. It was so fun to watch the students finally get to play their pieces for an audience after weeks of preparation! For many, this was their first recital and nerves were high, but I’m glad they moved past that and had the experience of playing in front of others (without tears…that’s always a plus.) :)
Here are a few pictures from the evening:
I was surprised that all 19 of my students were able to be at the recital and play…that was a blessing!
I couldn’t resist posting this…Dean’s laughing face is priceless.
The “W” family gave me some beautiful roses…and this little lady wanted to be in the picture too. :) (I look incredibly tired here…possibly because I was…or maybe just relieved….)
Food and fellowship.
With a few of my students:
These ladies aren’t students, but they’re great friends!
Future student?
I have found that being a piano teacher is a very rewarding task. It’s such a blessing to be able to take a gift given by the Lord and invest it in the lives of others and then watch them use it too. I’m grateful for all my students and the opportunity I have to teach them, and in the process I learn so much too!
6 comments:
How wonderful!!! I need to start teaching violin...do you have some tips for teaching music in general to beginners?
Hey Megan, that was a great night! I was so nervous. But it was worth the nerves:) I love the pics, I'm glad we finally got a picture of me with my eyes open, lol. Anyways, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving:)
Love love love ALL the posts!!! We finally got caught up on all of your great pics and posts. Thanks for all you do!
We sooo love you!!!
The "W" family
Amazing pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us. I tried taking piano lessons a couple years or so ago and I was horrible at it.
I would love if you stopped by my blog and followed me.
Many blessings,
Maggie
www.behindtheteenscene.blogspot.com
Beautiful pictures!
~Kendra
Dearest Megan,
Though this comment is late in coming, I want you to know how proud I am of you in teaching these students. When you stood before them, I asked myself, "Who is that young lady?" It was my own daughter! God is good to give me a wonderful young lady who is pouring her life and His gifts into others. May your efforts bear fruit for our Savior now and forever. Love - Dad
Post a Comment