Sunday, February 24, 2008

What a Weekend!

This weekend was our church's annual ladies retreat. It was my first year to go and I had a blast. I think the rest of the group did too. We stayed in a cabin in the woods of Oklahoma on the shores of Lake Texoma. We were there Friday night and then the day on Saturday. It was chocolate and fellowship filled. So fellowship filled that some of us didn't get to bed till the pre-dawn hours of Saturday morning (although, that might have partially been due to all the chocolate consumed). I've realized that this paragraph is headed south so I'll move on to some pictures. Besides, a picture's suppposed to be worth a thousand words (I'm sure you'd rather see the twelve pictures below than 12,000 of my words.)



Lots of conversing going on

A beautiful sight to behold (to my mouth, not my immune system)


Having fun with the camera
Two slightly eccentric friends



Mommy time

(in case you didn't figure it out, that's my mom and me:))

Isn't that pretty? I loved going down to the shore. The only draw back was the cold (OK, to me it was cold...to somebody like Anna it was sweltering)
Yes, she's a mommy of four and was thoroughly enjoying her weekend away


Mom introducing our main speaker: John Piper (yes! He was at the retreat...via DVD)


Being a bit crafty (in a good way)

Christi D. brought all sorts of pretty paper and paper punches and taught us how to make paper flowers!


On our way home our immune systems were again horrified at the prospect before them: loads of Cici's Pizza!

The finished product of our "Craft time with Christi"



To sum it all up, it was fabulous...just like that li'l bowl of tasty M&Ms

2 comments:

Feeny Family said...

Wow Megan! What fun! Nothing like a rejuvenating getaway! Those paper flowers are the cutest:) Absolutely adorable. Cold weather? I think I've forgotten what if feels like to wear a cozy jacket. I just can't comprehend that concept. HaHaHa

Blessings to you my friend!

Muah!

-Sarah F.-

Ex. 15:2 "The LORD is my strength and song, and He is become my salvation: He is my God, and I will prepare Him an habitation; my father’s God, and I will exalt Him."

Anna Joy said...

I would absolutely love to have some "cold" like that! I'm up here in sub-zero weather and I'm SO ready for spring!!! :-D

Looks like you had lots of fun!