Well, well, well. I'm finally an adult...I thought it would never come. But, alas, it has. SO, to ring in the 18th b-day my parents gave me a night away at a cottage on a lake. Of course, going by myself was a rather dismal thought, so my mom came with me. :)
But, first...
...we had our annual "Juanita birthday get together"! Thursday night we ate at Olive Garden and enjoyed a lovely dessert at Juanita's house...quite nice.
Then...
...THEN. Oh, did I forget to mention we picked up four girls along the way? And the picture..but I'll get to that in a moment.
We headed out to Lake Whitney (with those four girls who just happen to be some of my favorite people in the world.)
Lake Whitney is a really lovely place...we took a little hike before dinner.
It was a bit precarious at times.
"Hello down there!"
Hi Hannah.
Evann and Hannah
There's Courtney...
Abbie, me and Courtney
My mom made some fajitas that were amazing...mmm, mmm good.
Then, Mom gave a great devotional and we looked at some pictures of when I was really, really leettle...and then we opened presents:
Finally, Little miss Evann pulled out a gift for everyone...fake hair. How perfect!
She gave me the whole 9 yards. SO much fun!
Our gorgeous hairs.
And finally, what we had all been waiting for...
...champagne! Ok, just kidding...it was sparkling cherry JUICE (juice, juice, juice, juice, juice, juice, juice, juice...you get the point.)
Apparently they didn't realize it was just JUICE.
Cheers!
Taking in the smell.
I'm sure it was just a sugar overload.
I don't even know what to say.
Yes, juice has that effect on us. (juice juice juice juice juice...)
After all that JUICE, we were pretty worn out, so we did what all sensible girls do: watch a movie.
After the movie we all went to bed...except for a few of us who stayed up till 4:00am...ummm, yeah.
On our way home we went shopping and I did something I thought I would never do: wear a tiara shopping. You should have seen some of the looks we got...like this guy:
He was in shock...I can't imagine why.
But, it didn't matter...we had Starbucks!
Thanks girls for doing weird things with me and making my birthday so much fun!
Mommy, a huge shout out to you: without you this trip (and most of the pictures) would not be possible...I mean, without you, I wouldn't even be HERE! And Daddy as well...you're awesome and amazing, thanks for giving us this special time away (and for being my dad for 18 years...minor detail.)
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Megan! Wow.... welcome the adult world.. hehehe. May God bless you as you continue to seek Him for wisdom and guidance=)
Much love,
-Sarah-
Dearest Megan,
I'm glad you had a good time at your 18th BDay party at Lake Whitney. It's a treasure from God to have such good friends--and a great mom too.
Happy 18th Birthday, dear daughter. You are a treasure to me!
Love, Dad
ROFLOL!!! oh dear, i love the picture of us at the beginning like your trying to prepare the readers...lol :D! a LITTLE precarious?? hahaha, it was a dangerous 'walk' especially when we ran into the coyote...lol :)
oh these pics are great and make me laugh all over again! and the one of you leaning on Hannah after the JUICE! LOL XD!! it was such a lovely getaway! :)
love ya girl :)
Happy Birthday! That looks like SO much fun!
Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had alot of fun!
You have been tagged over at my blog!
Carley
Happy B-day Megan! God bless you!
HAHA!!! Oh those pictures are hilarious!! We are so crazy. Thanks so much for inviting me! IT was a blast!
Happy Birthday!!!!I hope you had a great birthday:) Looks like you guys had a great time!
From: Amber :p
Post a Comment