That's what my posts have been these past few months. Maybe I should work on a posting schedule and at least post once a week...we'll see about that.
Anyway, I finally found some "blog-worthy" material in the form of the piano Hymn Festival last Saturday. This is my favorite of all the festivals and it was my last one (since I'm a senior this year). For those of you who aren't familiar with what a Hymn Festival is, here's a crash course: There are three categories, A, B and C. I did category C which requires you play a choral arrangement directed, a hymn transposed and an offertory solo in front of a judge. The kind judge then critiques you by writing down their thoughts of your playing and giving you a rating from I+ to III (I+ being the best.) SO, there's your crash course. There will be a small quiz at the end of the post. Ok, so I played in the Hymn Festival for the very last time and here are the pictures:
My teacher and me.
I also played a couple of duets:
One with Amanda...
...and one with Elsie.
Lizzy goes to our church and takes piano from a different piano teacher (who just so happens to be our amazing church pianist) than Elsie and I do, but still participates in the festival.
It was loads of fun...I'll miss it next year!
(Oh, about that small quiz...ummm...I can't think of any questions. Sorry.)
Now, hymn festival aside...let's talk about blogging. For the last several posts I've gone on about how BUSY I am. That's true. But there's also more to it than that. Last August I took the plunge and joined...(dare I say it?)...facebook. Yes, friends, it has also been a factor in my absence from this little blog. Please still like me...pleeeaaassseee!!!!!!!! I know, I'm almost like a traitor. Terrible, isn't it? But, I plan to repent...partially. I'm going to start spending less time on facebook and more time here. What's the point of this lengthy confession? I don't really know. Maybe because I couldn't hide the truth forever, or that my aunt sent me an e-mail saying she missed my blog and that my mother had told her I was spending a lot of time on FB. (Can you imagine that??!!) So, anyways...you'll see more of me and I hope I haven't lost you, my wonderful bloggy friends!
5 comments:
I'm sure all your years of hard work have paid off Megan. I know the sad feeling of leaving something you've done for so long, but just remember that God has great opportunities in store for you! Just seek HIm first!
-Sarah-
Matt. 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
Dearest Megan, thanks for the blog. I have missed them also. The hymn festivals have been great over the years-to see you and others work so diligently to play the hymns of our faith in God. Though these festivals are ending, the skills you have honed through them can be invested in other opportunities to glorify the Lord Jesus.
Your remarks about Facebook vs Blogging are noteworthy to me since it was only 100 hours ago that you led me kicking and screaming to establish a Facebook account!?!? The FB thing is cool. Thanks and love. Dad
Megan,
Ahh how wonderful. I love the idea of a hymn festival. Do you think Judah and Truth could do that when they get a little further along?
Oh, about facebook, well I started my facebook account because I didn't know how to start a blog. Now that I have a blog and Now that NATHAN said (get this!!) I could unlock the restictions on my blog come Sunday, so that anyone can read my posts (!!!) I am abandoning facebook and going for the real thing. YAT! I'm so excited.
Hurray!!! I am so glad you are coming back to us! We have missed you terribly....you spoiled us from your great posts while you were in England!
All of what you said is nice and all but the most important thing here is - WHERE ARE PICTURES OF ABIGAIL ELISE????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Prioities, people!
Post a Comment