Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ha

Yeah, you know that promise for pictures last weekend.  Well, didn't quite make it.  But, better late then never as I always say.  So, we'll go in chronological order here and start with last weekend. 

Brayden and Laney spent the night at our house Saturday and came to church with us Sunday.  A side note to this:  We got a call earlier from Jeff and Des saying they were in the emergency room because Brayden had slammed his finger in a door and sliced off the tip of his finger.  Now, doesn't that just make you want to cry?  My little man with part of his finger gone and in so much pain! With that said, here's the pictures:

Brayden and Laney visit 006

Sillies.

Brayden and Laney visit 007    

We had this amazing spaghetti that Grammy made.

Brayden and Laney visit 013

Laney loves to help Papa T sweep the fireplace (sorry this pic is a little blurred...let's just say this is an "action shot".)

Brayden and Laney visit 025 

Don't ya just love the milk mustache?  Oh, and speaking of Brayden, the reason there are hardly any pictures of him is because he seemed to be playing computer games whenever the camera was out. :) 

Brayden and Laney visit 026

Sleepy baby.

 

Now, next big thing:

Dad's birthday!

Dad and Juanita's birthday 003 

Dad and Juanita's birthday 008

Of course, if it's Dad's birthday, you know it's a pretty good chance it's also Juanita's birthday...since they were born on the same day.

Dad and Juanita's birthday 010

Happy birthday Daddy and Juanita!  You're both a huge blessing to me!

The next big thing:

Valentine's Day.

blank.

Would you believe I didn't take a single picture all day??  Unfathomable, I know. First, I had a massive theory test that morning (ok, massive might be a small overstatement...), then Starbuck's, quick geometry lesson, shopping, picking up the van from the shop, more shopping and a piano lesson in the evening.  Not to mention Dad had a pretty full blown case of laryngitis by then.  So, you see...I really have no excuse, because any of the above would have been very entertaining to blog about, but since I was so love sick I didn't even think about it.  Yeah right.  Just kidding :)  

So that brings me to today.  Mom sang a beautiful song in church today, and the lyrics really have blessed me.  If you're a "single" maybe a little down about the whole lovey dovey thing, this song just might encourage you.  "Hide Away in the Love of Jesus":

Come, weary saints, though tired and weak
Hide away in the love of Jesus
Your strength will return by His quiet streams
Hide away in the love of Jesus
Come, wandering souls, and find your home

Hide away in the love of Jesus
He offers the rest that you yearn to know
Hide away in the love of Jesus
Hear Him calling your name
See the depths of His love
In the wounds of His grace
Hide away

Come, guilty ones weighed down with sin
Hide away in the love of Jesus
The freedom you long for is found in Him
Hide away in the love of Jesus
Come, hopeless hearts, do not despair
Hide away in the love of Jesus
For ten thousand joys await you there
Hide away in the love of Jesus

© 2008 Integrity’s Hosanna! Music (ASCAP)/Sovereign Grace Worship (ASCAP) (Admin. By Integrity’s Hosanna! Music)

I hope that encouraged you to "hide" in the love of Jesus this week!

3 comments:

Feeny Family said...

Hey Megan, yeah, great words to that song. I wish I could have heard your mom sing it=) Hey, don't feel bad, we didn't take any pics Valentines Day either..=)
Have a wonderful week Megan!
-Sarah-
Isaiah 26:3

Anonymous said...

Love the words!!!
How is Brayden's finger?
Cute cute pics of Laney and Brayden!!
Happy happy B-day to Juantia and your amazing father.

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan. Thanks for posting. It's great to see your words and pics. I also love the song Mum sang at church. The older I get the more I love to fly away to Jesus.

Luv,
Dad