Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The 7th Annual Golf Tournament!!!

Yesterday Mom and I volunteered at a golf tournament the company my dad works for puts on.  For the past seven years we've been blessed to have so many people turn out and support the ministry.  It's great fun to go and be among friends that we only get to see a few times a year.  This year I thought to bring the camera...here are a few pictures from the event:

Golf 001

In the early morning light.

Golf 006

Here's Mom and me at our station.

Golf 008

Miss Doris!!  She's awesome. 

Golf 010

You've already seen this one...but it documents the fact that I enjoyed driving around the course in this handy little cart. 

Golf 017

During a slow point...reading my Brio mag. (Still got my furry fuzzy coat on 'cause it was like 60 degrees.  I didn't want to get hypothermia.) Golf 022

Some golfers out there doing their thing.

Golf 027

This is the big banquet room where breakfast, lunch and prizes were served.  Oh, I met Justin Leonard...he's famous.  (You probably knew that, but if you're an un-sporty person like me...)  I also met his dad...cutest little guy.  Anyway, Justin Leonard is the honorary chairman of this tournament so, he came out and said hello at lunch.

Golf 031

Who needs these? 

Golf 035

Awww.  (For some reason Dad wanted the Fritos bag in the picture.) 

Golf 036

Color (and a Fritos bag).

Golf 037

The setting sun. 

The day was great.  We had about 170 golfers.  We're so grateful for everyone who came out and played! 

7 comments:

Feeny Family said...

Looks like the day was fun=) I LOVE the black and white picture of your Mom and Dad! It's sooo cute! You can tell your Dad that the Fritos bag makes the picture...hehehe.
-Sarah-
Ps. 16:11

Anonymous said...

OH how cool! Megan, I didn't know you get Brio!! I loved that "mag" when I was a teenager. How cool to see you reading it, though it kinda makes me feel old! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Don't have a clue who Justin Leonard is but that is not surprising to you, I'm sure.
60' degrees??!!! BBBRRRRR!!! I would have had several 4bucks in my hands plus a HUGE blanket plus a heater plus I would have enclosed your station....but that is just me. :p
You should have warned us all that you were on the roads...even if it was on the golf course!!! ;>

Carley Rene said...

It looks like ya'll had alot of fun!
We went sponsored a golf tournament thing one time, and it was freezing! I think it was like 40 degrees! But I drank alot of hot chocolate, so that helped! :)

Courtney said...

haha! hey! you found khakis! where at?? oh, i love your pictures! their simply gorgeous! and, i love the winter coat ^_^! my cousins in New England laughed so hard when i pulled out mine. LOL!

Lucie Manette said...

I loved that part about the coat! You certainly live in Texas!

Sarah said...

hey! you read brio too? that's AWESOME sista! i LOVE that mag.