Monday, May 04, 2009

Senior Recognition Recital

As I mentioned before, I have a few different recitals to play in this month, and last Saturday was the first.  It was the senior recognition recital for all the seniors who have taken lessons from music teachers in our city (who are members of the local association).  It was a great afternoon and lots of fun to hear the seniors play their pieces.  Here’s the whole group (minus a few that couldn’t make it):

IMG_1137

IMG_1140 

Dominick and I have been taking from Mrs. C since we were little tots.  We’re two of her three seniors this year (Laura couldn’t get off work for the event.)

IMG_1143

And here we are with our beloved Mrs. C.  After taking lessons from her for over 12 years, it’s going to be so hard to leave her at the end of this month.  When we were leaving the recital she said, “remember, I’m like your aunt, so you have to come and visit me.” :)

4 comments:

Dad said...

Dearest Megan,
It was a delightful afternoon at the Senior Recognition recital. As always, I loved hearing you play the piano. God gave you a wonderful gift of music which you have worked hard to develop for His pleasure and the blessing of many others. We also thank God for our dear Mrs. Clark, used greatly by the Lord in your music and many others. Now you are teaching others yourself--GREAT! Love, Daddy

Evann said...

Aw, that is so sweet. I completely agree with Mr. Truitt...Megs, you have an AWESOME musical gift! It's amazing. :) Great pics!

Feeny Family said...

Wow, Megan, I sure wish that I could hear you play! You should record some of your music=)
-Sarah-

Courtney said...

aw...i totally understand, that will be hard to leave her. but it will be good to...you just will need to visit her every now and then :)

<3 ya!