The other day I signed up for a snack to take to my small group get together. I always enjoy trying new recipes and I had a little extra time since school is still out. After surfing the web and checking out Pinterest I found these little stinkers: Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles. I'm a peanut butter fanatic, so incorporating it into any recipe will usually make me an instant fan. SO, I made these little guys and thought I would share my experience with you. But, you must understand, I'm not one of those cool food bloggers who take magazine quality photos of their perfect food in their spotless kitchen with their swanky kitchen utensils. You've been warned. ;)
Three ingredients are all you need: Salted pretzels, creamy peanut butter and milk chocolate chips. If I try this again I might use a baking chocolate that hardens a little faster.
Chop around a cup of pretels up real nice and tiny. If you're hardcore, use a knife. I thought I was hardcore, but then realized I wasn't as pretzels bits started flying everywhere.
I switched to the food processor and things went smoothly (although it's certainly not impossible to use a knife if you don't have a food processor handy.)
Mix a cup of peanut butter with the pretzels in a bowl. Put the bowl in the freezer for 15-30 minutes so the mixture isn't completely ooey-gooey when you go to roll it into balls.
After the freezer, shape into balls and place on a cookie sheet covered with wax or parchment paper.
Terrible things can happen...like dropping one of the precious balls on the floor. (Don't eat it or feed it to your dog, just bite the bullet and throw it away. Trust me.)
After you've finished shaping them into balls, place them in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
After the balls are nice and hard, take around two cups of chocolate chips (if you use bakers chocolate I'm not sure how much to use. Just eyeball it....told ya I'm not one of those fancy food bloggers.)
Roll the balls in the bowl of chocolate. It's not gonna be pretty. It will be messy. You will wonder why you even decided to make this. If you are OCD you will go absolutely crazy.
After you have overcome the struggle of coating the peanut buter balls in chocolate, place them in your freezer for a long time. :p (Probably an hour would do it, but it's really best to stick them in the refrigerator until right before you serve them. Especially if you live in Texas and it's 236 degrees outside.)
After you've finished all the dipping and rolling, go ahead and reward yourself by taking left over pretzels and scrapping the chocolate bowl. All your troubles will disappear.
This is the finished product. They're pretty tasty little guys and make all the trouble of rolling and dipping worth it. People loved them at small group!
Recipe adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything Blog



2 comments:
This looks sooo yummy!! So glad you are back to blogging!
Love you, Sweetie Pie!
Thank you for coming back after the blog sabbatical! Love you too!
Post a Comment