I now have the pictures from last Saturday’s big event! The Graduation was at the beginning of the ceremony and then followed by my senior recital…followed by the reception. :) I’ll talk along the way, so let’s get started:
Getting graduated :) The night before I found out I would have to shake Dad’s hand. I didn’t want to! I mean….how awkward for a little girl to shake her daddy’s hand! But then they told be I could hug him afterwards…so I did. :)
Hugging my teacher.
Standing with my amazing parents…amazing.
After I played one song I got up and talked for a bit…
…Mrs. C talked for a bit (that weird package she’s holding are the roses I gave her.)
I gave Mom and Dad some flowers…a very small token of love for what they have done for me. I’m so blessed that they’re mine!
We recognized those serving in our military and I played Battle Hymn of the Republic in their honor.
Done! (I did play more than two songs…really, I did.)
Everyone was so kind….they gave me a standing ovation. (awww)
The cake a sweet friend made for the event.
It deserved two pics :)
Love you girlies!!
:)
The center table…friends signing the picture and looking at scrapbooks.
Isn’t that snazzy that the girls are in height order? By the way, that’s my Aunt Judy in the blue skirt.
Look at that cute face!
Courtney and Hannah laughing about something.
My good buddies, Megan and Anna (they’re sisters.)
Sweet Elsie and her niece, Catherine.
Handsome nephew.
Lots of little people…the two girls on the right are my cousins, Lyndi and Kaylee.
Brother Jeff…hey, he was wearing black and white…my grad colors (way 2 go, Jeff!).
Mom with my cousin Matt and his wife Jamie.
Papa T and Laney…very colorful picture.
Brayden’s face = hilarious. (Not to mention, Laney’s pretty cute too.)
Part of my music display table.
Friends chatting. (And some very faithful blogging people in this pic. too!)
The music table…and three of us.
The crowd had cleared out by this time, so we got a few quick pics before deformalizing ourselves. (I don’t think “deformalizing” is even a word…oh well.)
“Yes Daddy…I really did graduate!”
So, there you have it…a quick run through of that awesome day. Before I go, I just want to bring out how grateful I am to the Lord for blessing us with this day. There are so many things that could have gone wrong, but didn’t. There are many things that could have fallen completely apart…but totally stayed together. He heard our prayers and blessed us. Thank you Jesus!
12 comments:
Congrats Megan! It's all over! Very nice pictures... you look lovely in your dress, very classy.
-Sarah-
Btw your new layout is cute too... very relaxing and calming colors, but still those cute cherries are hard to beat=) hehehe... SRF
Thanks Sarah!
I thought the cherries were cute...but a little busy. Hopefully this one will be a bit more relaxing. :)
Dearest Megan the Graduate! - It was an awesome day for me too. Like you, I thank God for giving it to us, and for giving you to us--to Mom and me. I'm very proud of you!
Luv - Dad
Sweetie Pie -
Evann and I keep saying over and over that we can't believe you graduated...not that you are stupid or anything...but that I knew you when you started preschool and well, now, sniff-sniff, look at what a beautiful God-fearing young woman you have graciously grown into...sniff-sniff, slobber-slobber, wail-wail...where's a kleenex when you need one?
Any hoo- My baby! Graduating! Just doesn't seem possible!! I don't even want to think about you getting married!! Or becoming a mother! Oh great! Here come the water works again....thanks!
Oh how awesome, Megan!! You looked so graceful and beautiful in your dress. I just cannot believe you've graduated. Wow. Time flies. I am so grateful and blessed to have you as my most amazingly awesome friend! Love ya, girl!
YAY MEGAN!!!
You did it! Congratulations! So proud of you!
Congratulations on your high school graduation!! May God bless you. Thanks for sharing the pictures-they were lovely. By the way, I found your blog through the "We will not be moved" blog, feel free to drop by my blog.
P.S. I also liked your recital dress, did you make it yourself?
Congratulations!!!!!!
You look lovely!
How exciting!
So, what's next?
Congratulations again!
Congratulations, Megan!! You looked so beautiful!
Megan, thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. How nice that you were able to find such a lovely dress on ebay.
hey, you follow my sister's blog. i was just looking at your graduation pics. your dress was beautiful! i graduate next year and can't wait to do all that stuff but I'm looking forward to a senior year. Congrats!
p.s.
i really didn't get how shaking your dad's hand would be 'awkward' *frown
i have to shake my Papa (dad)'s hand all the time because because he's the pastor and if i do something in the church where he shakes everyone's hand he does mine too...with a special smile.
idk, i guess it just seems normal by now.
Post a Comment