I have been reading about Eve in John Macarthur's book Twelve Extraordinary Women. What I read today made me think about how gracious God is to the human race. Let me share a quote from the book:
"Paradise was utterly ruined by sin, and the severity of the curse must have shattered Eve's heart. But God's judgment against her was not entirely harsh and hopeless. There was a good deal of grace, even in the curse. To the eyes of faith, there were rays of hope that shone even through the cloud of God's displeasure."
Macarthur goes on to give examples of what could have been. Eve could have been made subject to the serpent, but she remained under the authority of her husband who loved her. She could have been forbidden to bear children, but instead, even though painful, she would still be the mother of all living.
I don't often think of the grace of God in the curse, but it is there...and I'm so grateful for His mercy.
3 comments:
Dearest Megan: Thank you for this reminder of God's grace, coming through even in a curse. As your dad, I am grateful that you see and desire the grace of God through Christ--our only hope for today and eternity.
Blessings of grace in Christ to you today!
Daddy
Meggie,
How awesome is our God!!
Even in the midst of my trial I face now, I can see God's loving hand working all things for His glory and my good- painful as it is sometimes. His mercies are new every morning. How great is His faithfulness towards me and my family.
Thank you for this most excellent post.
grace to you,
ann
Thanks for the post:-) Great reminder...
-Sarah-
Post a Comment