Sunday, June 29, 2008

Of Art Galleries and Church Birthdays

Yesterday we went to an art exhibition at one of the churches we have gone to while here.  The artist is a Christian and paints in such a beautiful and bold style. 

Poole 5 003

I forgot the name of this painting, but it is lovely. I like how the artist, Elisabeth, used other things besides her canvas...see the butterfly?  It's sitting on top of the actual painting. 

Yesterday was also significant because we were able to get Internet set up in our flat!  Now we don't have to walk a mile to check e-mail and post!  Yeah!!!

Today we (Dad, Mom and I) went to a Baptist church in the morning.  On our way back from church we walked by a little restaurant called Rosina's.  We ate a very nice lunch and continued on our merry way.  After a short nap (yes, I actually went to sleep!), we joined the Martins in setting up for their church birthday dinner.  Mom sang How Deep the Father's Love for Us (by Stuart Townend) and I accompanied her before everyone ate.  I think it was meaningful to those listening. 

Poole 5 010

 

The meal was very yummy, with a delightful dessert!  The Martins' host exchange students and right now they have three Italians.  They were some of the servers and Mom got a picture of them.

Poole 5 011

They speak some English (probably more than they let on) but are so sweet and polite. 

Poole 5 013

Most of the congregation is made up of the sweetest elderly people.  This is Irene, her daughter Hilary (who is visiting for a few weeks) and Christine.  Look at Christine's precious smile!

After the meal there was a service (or, "act of worship" as they call it). This is Parkstone Church's 204th anniversary! 

Poole 5 014

Poole 5 015        

This is Philip.  He is the organist and is very good.  Today he said that I need to sing in their choir...I  smiled and said "maybe sometime".  Oh dear!  One interesting thing to me is that the organist is the song leader.  It works...but I still like our system:)

Poole 5 018

On our way home we always pass a little park.  Today, Dad said "let's walk through the park!"  So, we did and took some pictures too:)  Aren't the flowers gorgeous?

Poole 5 019

 

I think our Sundays will prove to always be busy around here!  But, that's ok.  It's good to be with God's people and make new friends! 

Have a blessed week!  I might not post everyday next week.  We are going to try to get on a more normal schedule.  You know, like go to bed before 1 AM and get up before 10 AM...stuff like that. I've also heard that I will begin some schooling this week.  The joy of homeschooling is that "home is where the heart is" so, right now the heart is in England and school has followed.  Did that make any sense whatsoever?  Must be those late nights getting to me!

Oh, and one more thing before I sign off for the night.  This morning Dad was making breakfast.  As he was peeling an apple the peel fell into the sink in a particular position that he thought was very amazing.  He said "where's the camera?".  Here's what he got:

Poole 5 009The peel had fallen right around the circle of the drain.  That's almost as good as a UFO!  (Disclaimer: please, please don't put any significance into that last statement...it was only for effect:)

I better go...this post is going d

                                            o

                                                w

                                                    n

                                                         hill fast!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

lol! yes, the position of the peel is strange! :) glad to hear your having a splendid time!

Anonymous said...

OH NO!!!!!! NOT A LOT OF POSTS???? Stupid lessons...they are always interferring with the fun stuff! :)

We just love the pictures!!! I just want to hug that sweet lady in your first pic! OOOHHH...we just love the elderly.

Your mom and dad are so photogenic!

Anonymous said...

You are too cute Meggie- too, too, cute. Chior, huh? So when arre you going to sing? (grins)

love,
miss ann

Anna Joy said...

Looks like you are having a wonderful time, Megs!