Sunday, August 03, 2008

Church Going and Rain

There's nothing like a rainy Sunday.  I just love rainy Sundays...they're perfect for after church naps and quiet indoor activities.  Today was one of those lazy rainy days.  Although, the morning didn't start out rainy.  We went to a church in Poole called St. Mary's. The service was such a blessing to our family!  Our home church in Texas partook of communion this morning and we did the same with the congregation at St. Mary's.  Every thing from the sermon (which Mr. Jonathan preached) to the music was great...including the people.  That service finished up around 10:00 which felt strange since we're used to being at church until maybe 1 or 2 in the afternoon (right, Cornerstone friends?:).  After the St. Mary's service we were standing around and Dad said, "all dressed up and no where to go." So, we went somewhere.  Back to a Baptist church we had visited a few weeks ago and enjoyed another great time of worship with God's people.  After the service we stopped by our favorite Sunday lunch shop (ok, so we've eaten lunch there once before...it can still be a favorite) and ate some yummies.

But, since we really didn't take too many pictures that would interest you today guess what's coming! You got it! A RPP!  (For those of you who have absolutely no clue what a RPP is, don't worry, you're not stupid because it is not a commonly used phrase...except on the Musings of Me.  It means Random Pics Post.)  So we travel back in time to Scotland for this episode of RPP.  Sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Scotland 1 011

Taken by Mum on our first day in Edinburgh.

Scotland 1 029

A nice view.

Scotland 2 026

Part of Edinburgh Castle.

Scotland 2 033

Ahhh, a sweet little doggy grave yard for Solider's dogs.  The black sign on the wall says, "Cemetery for Soldiers' Dogs".  Of course, we had been on the introductory tour and already knew about it, but it was funny standing above it looking down and listening to a guy who apparently hadn't been on the tour.  "Cemetery for Soldiers' Dogs..what in the world?"  He should have gone on the tour.

Scotland 2 054

This is in front of the Palace of Holyroodhouse.  This isn't the main entrance but where you go in to get your tickets and view a special gallery (I think it's called the Queen's Gallery...)

Scotland 2 056

Scottish Houses of Parliament...how do ya like the style?

Scotland 3 018

Now we're in the Royal Gardens.  We all thought this plant was amazing...look at how big those leaves are compared to Dad!

Scotland 3 048

I may have posted this one before, but the flowers are so pretty it deserves to be posted again.

Scotland 4 003

You can't really tell, but this is a vintage clothing shop.  We passed it every morning on the way to our activities.  It reminded me of Courtney who loves vintage clothing (and had a birthday Sunday).  Never did make it inside, but it sure is nice and colorful.

Scotland 4 020

So why are these caskets on top of the ground and open?

Now, just to be totally and completely random, here's a picture of what I was doing last year at this time: 

DSC00542

Canoeing in Oklahoma. I was still fragile from back surgery and had no idea that I would be sitting in England a year later blogging away about my adventures in Scotland...wow.

One last word before I go.  This coming Thursday we are leaving for Hungary.  We are visiting a pastor and his family and church that our home church supports.  We are really looking forward to this trip and are excited to be with these amazing people.  The next three days don't look like they will have anything terribly exciting going on, so I've decided I'm going to take a break from writing posts for just a little while.  As much I love blogging, it does take time and these next few days I need to be focused on getting my heart ready for Hungary and also work more vigorously on school.  I start back at the co-op two days after I get home so there won't be much time to work to get ready.  So, to make this long story of my life short...you won't be seeing any new posts for a few days. If I have internet access in Hungary I'll try to update there, if not, Lord willing, I'll see you next Tuesday!  Have a great week!    

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many issues, so little space!
First of all - the pics of the gardens are just breathtaking!
Second - Happy Birthday, Courtney! (I love vintage clothing too! Wonder if it is the same period?)
Third - Hungary? Oh my! How exciting!
Fourth - NO POSTS???????!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I am selfish but I understand. It is wise to take a break. Again, thank you for investing most of your late night free time posting for us. We look forward every evening to live vicariously through you.
We love you!

Anonymous said...

So many issues, so little space!
First of all - the pics of the gardens are just breathtaking!
Second - Happy Birthday, Courtney! (I love vintage clothing too! Wonder if it is the same period?)
Third - Hungary? Oh my! How exciting!
Fourth - NO POSTS???????!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I am selfish but I understand. It is wise to take a break. Again, thank you for investing most of your late night free time posting for us. We look forward every evening to live vicariously through you.
We love you!

Anonymous said...

Megan,
I will miss your posts although I certainly understand your need to take a break. I have not posted notes to you very often during your summer in Europe but I try to check your blog at least every couple of days (when we are in town:) If I had commented more often you would quickly see the repetition of "Oh, how beautiful!" "Amazing!!!" "Incredible!!!" (you can be grateful that I'm no there so you aren't having to hear that repeated over and over again!) My mind is boggled at the incredible sites that your family is able to enjoy! I am so grateful that you have blogged every day or two. There is no way your family would have been able to tell me about how incredible this time has been and I would have never been able to view all the hundreds of pictures that you must have taken. But this way, I get to 'tag along' and get a small glimpse of your amazing trip! Thank you again and please tell your Mom and Dad that I send my love to them. I am so happy for all of you that you get to share this blessed time together and I pray that Marketplace Ministires is finding favor in England. Enjoy your time in Hungary.
love,
Aunt Sandra

Courtney said...

thank you anonymous! oh Megan, how could you not go in there?! it's calling to me! from what i can tell, it looks like they have some cute clothes! yes, it is so totally my type of store! :D

everything looks so gorgeous! a doggie burial site? how....interesting. we have a pet one here, and the weird thing is that there are live horses right beside it. poor horses. that must be so depressing. :)

lol! have a glorious time in Hungary!

Anonymous said...

OH NO! What will I do with myself in the late evening, when the house has finally quieted down and I can actually hear myself think? Your blog is my life line, the thing that keeps me sane. Oh how I will miss you, but I hope you have some good rest. Have a wonderful time in Hungary and say Hi to Adam & Dora (sp?)
God be with you dear one,
miss ann

Mark Ritchie said...

Megan, say hi to Adam & Dora for the Ritchies! and have a great break from blogging.

One comment about fish & chips... I had them ONE time in England. The guy asked if I wanted salt and vinegar. I love vinegar, but I thought about the salty Long John Silver's fish at home, and so I didn't take any salt. Then I tasted my fish and found out THEY DON'T SALT their batter. At least, at that place they didn't. So I went back for the salt!