As I look back over these past two incredible months I just think, Did I really do all that? Did I seriously go to London, Edinburgh, Bath, Hungary, and just plain live in England for 60 days? Wow. I look back and see God's blessing on us everyday. I've seen God work out the little details, making our trip extra special. He is so good. I think about the great blessing of being with my parents and experiencing this with them (Dad, thanks for everything. And Mum, thanks for being so totally awesome and fun.)
I think, in years to come when I remember this amazing summer I will not only think about everything I've seen and done, but I will also think about blogging. It has been such a huge part of my time here. Thinking up posts in my mind and sifting through hundreds (ok, thousands) of pictures to publish. I'll think about what an encouragement all of you, my readers have been to me. Thank you so much for reading and joining me on the trip of a lifetime. It has been a joy to have you with me (figuratively speaking). Those of you who have commented or sent e-mails...thank you! Those of you who have just read, who maybe I don't even know...I'm honored that my life would interest you enough to take time to read about it.
Now, this trip is coming to a close. Lord willing, tomorrow night (Tuesday) I'll say hello to Texas, hug the dogs, hug my bed...tickle my piano keys. I'll start normal life again. A new season...my senior year of high school. So, even though I plan for this blog to continue, you won't be seeing me around quite as much. But, for now, I'm still in England (for another twelve and a half hours) and that means more pictures:) Here's some old ones for you:
Eeek, this looks hauntingly familiar....like what I've been re-doing today. (Taken on our first day in England).
Fun with friends.
Ahhh, lovely Chantmarle.
And spectacular Salisbury Cathedral.
Happy times in Bath (and lost loves...inside joke for longtime readers.)
Amazing London.
A happy anniversary.
Ancient Scotland (but what's not ancient in the UK?).
Sweet times in Hungary.
Friends.
Happy family moments.
All in all, I'd say it's been a pretty fantastic time here across the pond...I've loved it.
5 comments:
Megan, I'll be praying for a safe trip! You've had a trip of a lifetime=) You are blessed to have the priceless opportunity of traveling to different countries! It really widens your perspective of the world and makes unforgettable memories!
Love and Hugs!!
Sarah
1Cor 15:58
OH bummers, I didn't get the first post dance. Oh well.
Megan, you brought tears to my eyes as I viewed "old" photos from your trip. I am so sad to say goodbye to England, but look forward to seeing your sweet face again soon. Thanks again for taking us with you. You have done a wondefantabulous job!
Happy flying!
~ann
The end of a chapter in your life...but what an exciting chapter (aren't they all?!!)!! We all can't wait to see the Truitt family and hear more about your travels - over a spot of tea, of course.
Ta ta for now.
i'm praying for you as your headed home! have fun on the plane, and safe travels!
My Dearest Megan: I'm reading you final UK blog post at 9:00 p.m. UK time (Tuesday), waiting to see (on line) that your plane landed safely in Philly. I must focus on the enormous, positive experience of enjoying these 60 days together with you and Mom. However, the little flat seems very BIG and EMPTY without you both here. Your absence makes me know again what a blessing from God you and Mom are to me, and that is the focus I will choose for this evening. I love you and will never forget these 2 months together.
Dad
Post a Comment