Today I had a most unusual experience (for me that is)! Let me start from the beginning. Dad and Mr. Martin had an appointment at the local Christian radio station for Dad to do a devotional and then both of them to have a little chat about Chaplaincy and how the company works. Mr. Martin said that Mom and I could go along, but Dad said that we probably wouldn't have to say anything. So, we get there, all the while Mr. Martin joking with us about talking, singing or playing on air. Very funny! "Oh no," we said, "we'll let y'all do the talking!" We got to the station, and met with Blair and Val, the morning show hosts. They are so sweet! Of course, we got to see them in action as they talked, it was really fun. So, Dad did his little devotional and it was great! Afterward, Blair said (on air) "When we come back we'll talk to Dixie and Megan" Mom and I looked at each other...what?! So, that's exactly what he did. We had a lovely little chat and I comfort myself with the fact that no matter how stupid I sounded, people at least got to be amused with my Texas twang! They said we were naturals...ummm, thanks.
Please excuse the dude in the background, not exactly sure who he is...but Dad looks great!
My famous Mum!
It was hilarious hearing Mr. Martin and Blair interact. Mr. Martin has had radio experience and it was just so funny listening to their conversation!
"Are these things messing up my hair?"
Val and Blair...so great at what they do!
Does this mean I'm famous...I don't think so:)
This afternoon we are heading to Salisbury for the ordination of a Canon, or Bishop (something like that...still new to all the Church of England stuff) at the famous Salisbury Cathedral. I hear it will be quite the event.
Cheers!
6 comments:
Thank you so much for posting for us "commoners"...now that you are famous!!! What did you talk about? I am sure your Britexas accent came shinning through! Can't wait to hear about your afternoon!
I am the first to post!
yay for Megan! how fun to be on british radio!! yeah, what did you talk about?!! has it only been 2 weeks since you left? wow!
Hello friends, I guess I should have mentioned what we talked about! Mainly just chatty stuff, about our visit here, where we are going, about our church, interest, and faith. Also, we talked about Dallas and Blair was fascinated that there really is a South Fork! I must admit, I think I was glad when he shifted the focus off us and back to Dad and Mr. Martin! But, it was a fun experience.
Wow! quite the experience! I'm sure you guys sounded great! I would probably fumble over the smallest words and stutter;-) Wish I could have heard you guys!
Sarah
Ps. 16:11
Oh how cool!! Megan, you're famous! :D *laughs*
Haha, yeah I would probably start stammpering and stuttering really bad. Ugh. :)
Can't wait to hear about your afternoon!
~Evann~
(Whoa...it's really only been two weeks? Wow!)
It's so wonderful having THREE celebrities in the family! Looks as though you had great fun at the radio station.
Post a Comment