Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring

*Edit: I wrote this post yesterday, the 9th but our stupid Internet would not post it until today...just to clear up any confusion:)*

And I really should be snoring, but I'm busy blogging at the moment.  So, I'll try to catch some zzzs later...for now I'll share some pictures!

Mom and I were planning on taking a day trip to some interesting and far off land today (nothing's too far off in England), but, when we found out that it was supposed to rain all day, we decided to stay close to home.  So, we went to the town right next to Poole and walked around there for awhile. It's a very pretty town, right on the coast.  Its name is Bournmouth.  It's known for its beaches and it's kind of a touristy town with several colleges in the area.  It was windy and rainy, but not too, too cold (ok, it was cold... I was just trying to tough it out like a native). 

I love the little old man in the picture below and the lady on the right.  They are so cute in their hats!

Bournemouth 010

Bournemouth 013

These are the Bournemouth Gardens that are so pretty...hard to get the full effect when it's wet.

Bournemouth 019

My Lovely Mum

Bournemouth 021

Pretty flowers...

Bournemouth 024

As we walked along the path we kept seeing people eating ice cream!  Those crazy people!  I mean, it only got up in the low 60s today.  What were they thinking?  (Actually, to be quite honest, I wanted one too.)

Bournemouth 015

Like I said, it's right there by the sea.

Bournemouth 036

A close up view of the merry-go-round.

Here's some of our beach pictures:

Bournemouth 031 

Bournemouth 029

No, you're not mistaken, those are people out in the frigid waters of the English Channel....crazy, just crazy.

Bournemouth 032

It was blustery, but there was something invigorating about being out on the beach with the wind whipping my hair all about.  I felt like donning a wet suit and jumping in with the crazy surfers.  But, then that would mean that I was crazy, and we wouldn't want that, would we?  Cause I'm not crazy...nope, not one single bit...not crazy, not crazy, not crazy...

Bournemouth 033

Hola...btw, that's a theatre behind me.  I think it's called the Pier Theatre...wonder why.

Bournemouth 037

It was pretty soggy, but we found that we dry up real nice.  My umbrella was still giving me fits today.  Although, it's really kind of entertaining watching people look at me as I laugh and do my umbrella dance when it turns inside out.

Today the inevitable happened. It was bound to happen sometime during our stay:  Mom called the states this morning.  Now, that sounds like a fine thing to do, call friends while far away...right? Not exactly.  Well, here's the story.  We needed to call some friends for some information.  We had not been able to talk to them before because whenever we called, they didn't answer.  So, this morning Mom said, "I'm going to try the P      's again."  "Ok" I replied. This time, they answered!  Yes...we finally get to talk to them!!!  Mom carried on a nice conversation, but, when she got off the phone she said something like, "We had a bad connection and I guess Mr. P       is just not very talkative."  Well, we went on with our morning.  As Mom was getting ready to go and I was sitting on the couch, I had a thought.  How is it that we were able to call the P      's but yet everyone else in the States is asleep right now? I did the math, it's 4 in the morning over there...wait a minute!  The P     's live in the same time zone as everyone else.....OH NO!!!!!!  We called them at 4 in the morning!!!!!  Poor Mr. P       .  No wonder he wasn't very talkative.  I went to Mom and told her my thoughts.  You should have seen her face. We promptly called them back to apologize.  No, no, no...we were smart enough to just send an       e-mail instead.  Who, knows, it could happen to you next.     

4 comments:

Feeny Family said...

That is soooo funny!! Well, not for Mr. "P", poor man, getting woken up in the middle of the night by his friends! Don't feel bad Mrs. Truitt.... that has happened to us too...hehehe.... sometimes we do our math wrong trying to figure out the time change:-) Actually since we currently have a Dallas number over here, we get woken up in the middle of the night by sales calls! "Uh, hello ma'am, I want to offer you this new credit card plan...." Half asleep mom kindly replies " Uh, I'm not interested, no thank-you.." Nothing worse than getting woken up from your deep sleep just for a sales call.... now to talk to a friend... that's worth it...

Love that little man too:-) Looks like he jumped out of a movie!

Mamaya po! (Later)
Love,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

The flowers! The ocean!! OH I WANT TO GO TO BRIGHTON!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for the pictures! We just love them!
That phone call is too funny! Your poor momma!!!

Evann said...

HAHA!!! :D *keeps laughing uncontrollably* Poor Mrs. Truitt! :D

Great pictures!! (and why didn't you become crazy and jump into the ocean? I would have!! :D But then again, I was born insane.)

*Does her math real quick* Um...have a good dinner? :D lol

~Evann~

Anonymous said...

Call me anytime! Well, within reason (grin)

~ann